Friday, July 29, 2011

Always Goes Commando

This is where my mind goes after reading a lot of Charles Bukowski:

I think about you from time to time
Throughout my day as I listen to the public radio station
I always told you it’s the only station in town worth a damn
Really at all and I meant it
You’d say you were lucky found that great parking spot
It wasn’t enough that you met me that we danced under the stars
Your luck was intoxicating to you it could drive you from your belief
I think about you from time to time
I listen to the public radio station and I stay connected to this town
But I couldn’t stay connected to you
Suppose I thought I was the lucky one, or maybe just as lucky as you
I’ve lived it, it’s a fact, things that come my way turn to gold
When things don’t turn to gold, when they fade, maybe the things that were
Gold flaked, you know those things that just got that shiny coat painted on
Those things never make it as long as we did. Wow, you know once those flakes show
What’s really underneath. But, you weren’t like that. I am not like that.
I think about you from time to time.
Suppose I thought that two lucky ones in love together is just absurd. It’s unfair to the rest of them
Why the hell would I care about that? I don’t care how my luck joined with yours keeps the others
From getting the best seat at the concert. We make things happen. It’s how we do it. And when I don’t
Feel able it’s okay because you’re there to do it for me and I do the same for you.
Your luck was an aphrodisiac. You weren’t of the common mindset the one that says when you find a good girl you give it one hundred percent.
It wasn’t enough that we met and that we shared something rare. It wasn’t golden to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment