Friday, September 3, 2010

Just meet everyone you can every where you go

My life is not dull; it is not encapsulated in a shell of self-imposed isolation; my life lives and breathes; my life exudes from its own pores. I love my life and I love when I am fully present in it.

This evening my tarryings brought me to the Newflower Market. I was in line (naturally) when the person behind me asked me about my purchase, beer, and it led us into a three minute conversation that was so light and pleasant. I completed my purchase, turned to him and outstretched my hand, "My name is Amy," I said. He shook my hand, "Derek," he replied. So easy, so unassuming, so human. I love interaction. I love unabashed friendliness.
And it makes me feel so connected to my true self when I shuck the shackles and talk to a stranger.
It's how I met 7-11 and how I met Nick. Maybe it's not always such a good thing, best 2 out 3? I'll take those odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment