Saturday, January 8, 2011

Honey Creek State Natural Area

I ventured out of town for a guided tour of the Honey Creek State Natural Area, a secluded area within the Guadalupe State Park grounds. I left Austin with the rising sun and the drive was absolutely gorgeous. I arrived at the park about eighty minutes later ready to hike and observe the birds, native plants and the mile long spring fed creek within hiking distance. It was an incredible morning. The birds I noted seeing were Eastern Phoebe, Golden crowned Kinglet, a flock of Robins, a Woodpecker, plus others. There were only three of us, plus our guide Paul. The other woman on the hike is a Master Naturalist with a specialization in birds. Perfect! She took me under her wing and introduced each bird and described their unique distinctions. I am once again so thankful for my life, for my willingness to pursue adventures and greet new experiences with a beginner's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment