Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I don't make New Year's Resolutions for myself, but I do offer them to others...

I thought long and hard about the new year and what I wanted it to mean to me...I reflected on the efforts I'd taken in 2010 to meet the changes in my life with hope and optimism and I both congratulated my successes and acknowledged the ongoing opportunities...places where I'd fallen short. I felt that what I really wanted to acquire was wisdom to be a person truly qualified to make a decent attempt at raising two children as a single parent- and that the source for that type of wisdom needed a shift in focus. I even gave the year a theme, "Self improvement through self awareness." What I decided to do is volunteer with an organization called Family Eldercare. I will be paired up with someone and visit that person twice a month - maybe helping with financial things like bill pay- or read to that person, maybe sing, maybe arts and crafts. We'll meet and then decide.

Just wanted to let you know one little thing about what is going on with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment